Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide more control over upload process - select what to upload

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
leonid.shevlyakov
260 Views, 3 Replies

Provide more control over upload process - select what to upload

Hi,

Uploading to "Plans" folder is made as a very automated process. Wonder if in the cases when the file contains more than one sheet there will be pop-up giving the ability to select naming pattern for them and ability to select only the sheets that should be uploaded. Ideally, there should be some settings tab for pre-defining upload process, i.e. full-auto as it is now or not to upload sheets that contain certain "mask" in sheet name, define this naming sequence, i.e. name of source file with added sequential sheet number, etc.

Also, need an ability to correct the name of the file during upload and when it already sits in the "Plans" folder.

Also to drop empty "Layout" files during upload can be one of the options in those settings.

An automated process should be able to recognize the issue of same name during the upload and not to do multiple overwrites with next sequential version number.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Leonid,

Great suggestions! We’re currently working on a few improvements and enhancements around the upload process that will be released soon. Your suggestions are great for future consideration and I did share them with our product management team already. Thanks for your feedback and for helping us improve BIM 360! We really appreciate it.

Ilai
Message 3 of 4

Any chance that would include a 'reprocess' option. Sometimes get a 'finding viewables' process error on upload. Given (I assume) all the bits are there already would be nice to tell 360 to regenerate the view without repeat uploading.

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 4 of 4

Hi Robin,

Yes, that's one of the options we're definitely looking at right now. It won't be part of the first round of enhancements that is scheduled soon but there's a good chance we will add this later down the road.

Thanks,
Ilai

Sent from my phone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report