Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiPage PDF upload problems

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
leonid.shevlyakov
987 Views, 2 Replies

MultiPage PDF upload problems

Hi,

I have 3-page PDF file and I tried to upload it to "Plans" and to "Project Files"

To "Plans" it went almost well except for the time when I was suggested to publish but there was no possibility to amend title and drawing number, just rectangular frames with exclamation mark near each of three plan and title block combo. Maybe it was still uploading or processing something. After few minutes and few page reloads I was able to see fields for titles and numbers, I then was able to publish and got 3 new files as needed.

To "Project Files" it did not go as I thought as I was reading that pdf uploaded to "Project Files" are not split. It only half way truth as what I got is one document title but once I opened it there are three separate sheets. So I cannot just scroll down to read next page, mouse roller is zoom in-zoom out function. To go to next sheet I have to click left pane with sheets and version icons then select next title of next sheet and then only it goes to next page.

Pgdn/Pgup buttons are also work as zoom in/out buttons. Tiles pane is taking approximately 1/5 of the screen.

Preference for "Project Files"PDFs is to have them in normal reading mode so scroll down will move slowly via all pages and Pgdn will switch to next page, Ctrl+mouse roller will zoom in/out. Similar to Acrobat Reader functionality.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the suggestion Leonid. Project files folder is indeed aimed to be the "as authored" view, meaning it would keep the file in it's original state without breaking it down to individual sheets. This folder is commonly used for the design phase as well as work in progress repository.

The plans folder is designed to hold your publish plans, it will indeed break the file into individual sheets.

Your comment about reading the file as a whole in the project files folder and navigating through mouse scroll is very reasonable. I'll share it with the team.

Ilai

Sent from my phone
Message 3 of 3
solveup
in reply to: ilai_rotbaein

Is there still no solution for publishing multiple page PDF to plans without breaking them up to single sheets? There are disciplines in different projects that makes listed detail sheets, that spans over multiple pages. another example is the schedule for sheets, that often extends over 2-3 pages. I would prefer that these would combine in one file under one drawing number/name. These are sheets that we would like to have in plans, not project files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report