Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a VDB conversion help me? And if so, how do I UV a VDB?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mcw0
275 Views, 6 Replies

Would a VDB conversion help me? And if so, how do I UV a VDB?

Here's a quick test I put together.  But I need to fix the stuttering texture.  I was thinking to convert the mesh to VDB and back again.  But then the issue of the final UVs arises.  How does one UV a mesh derived from a VDB?  Or is VDB not even the right option here.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: mcw0

Could you show us some images? 

Im not going to download a .zip

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 7
mcw0
in reply to: Christoph_Schaedl

Sorry, I don't know why a playblast from Maya, even one so small as to not be viewable, is too large a file size to upload.  When the animation plays, the ramp you see here stutters on the mesh.  Shifts slightly along the length of the mesh.  The cause is the parameterization of the extrusion path curve.  But if I do a rebuildCurve, then it's the shape that wobbles.  So that led me to wanting to try converting the mesh to a VDB and back.

Message 4 of 7
mcw0
in reply to: Christoph_Schaedl

I solved my stuttering problem by using nearestPointOnMesh to connect the resulting parameterV to the coverageV of my ramp.  But I still would like to know how to UV a VDB derived mesh.

Message 5 of 7
sepu6

Can you post the file? This is in the graph right? 

Message 6 of 7
mcw0
in reply to: sepu6

It's not a Bifrost graph issue.  I was wondering if Bifrost might be a solution for my problem.  I was able to use another solution to fix my problem.  But I was still curious how to uv a vdb derived mesh.

Message 7 of 7
sepu6

You do not need to go Vdb route here that will be overkill. And also you still would have to convert back into a mesh and redo UVs or transfer them back into the mesh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums