Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with the normals of an object

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
663 Views, 1 Reply

Working with the normals of an object

Hi there!

I have two questions about working with vectors in the object points. 

First, i've been using "create_strands_along_normals" node to visualize what i was doing with them. Is there any other way to visualize them?

The other question has to do with the "tangentu" attribute of Houdini. Does it exist as a property in Bifrost? If not, anyone know how to get the tangent vector? 

Thank you very much

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
marcus.nordenstam
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use the point_scope compound to visualize normals on points, particles, meshes, and any other point-based geo.  Just change the vector-display property from point_velocity to point_normal.

For tangents, try the "update_tangents" or "update_point_tangent" compound from the rebel pack (I can't recall the exact name of it, but if you install the rebel-pack you'll see it).

Rebel pack is here:

https://area.autodesk.com/downloads/rebel-pack-2-0-2/

Marcus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums