Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow for importing scenes containing Bifrost graphs

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
adrian_wyer
224 Views, 2 Replies

workflow for importing scenes containing Bifrost graphs

Hi, i have a graph setup in a scene, it references some geo from the scene.

i need to import that into another scene for shot building, however when i import the maya scene the graph is marked as referenced - not editable

what's the process for having a graph be 'portable' and include any geo it needs from the original scene file?

user guide being it's usual obtuse self regarding this

a

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adrian_wyer
in reply to: adrian_wyer

so i wasted an hour creating a compound from my graph and publishing it... got it all hooked up in another scene, imported the required geo/materials and went through the really annoying process of setting up new mesh/bifrost to maya geo crap (this should be automated, we don't all use arnold!)

but i can't dive into the compound to edit settings...(referenced again!)  so i guess i have to publish the graph itself? like this;

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2024/ENU/?guid=Bifrost_Common_build_a_graph_publish_graphs_htm...

or am i going about this all wrong.. ?

Message 3 of 3
adrian_wyer
in reply to: adrian_wyer

ok so for anyone else having this issue in future;

exporting the graph works, it appears in the bifrost browser under users...

still have to go through the rigmarole of setting up a bifrost to maya geo if you aren't using arnold... 

and have any referenced geo/shaders in the scene....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report