Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Bifrost replace nCloth+Fluid+nParticle?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
g2m.agent
1260 Views, 3 Replies

Is Maya Fluid obsolete?

I am learning Fluid Technology is out of date now?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: g2m.agent

Hi!

I don't think so.

Bifrost Graph is different and "currently" it's harder to set up a certain effect (create a graph) which requires a different workflow and maybe more time.

Especially nDynamics are very easy to use and i don't see them replaced by Bifrost.

Also to keep backwards compatibility we will very likely see these features and tools also available in newer Maya versions.

For Maya fluids there may be no (or not much) further development done in future, but that's just an assumption.

Message 3 of 4

I would encourage you to learn Bifrost, not Maya Fluids, nor nParticles.  Those systems are old and will not be developed in the future.  The future is Bifrost 🙂

That doesn't mean they will be removed anytime soon, but if you're learning Maya now, I would definitely focus on Bifrost over legacy dynamics.  And for those who are worried that everything will become node-based, don't worry: higher-level interfaces on top of the Bifrost graph are planned.  Don't forget that Maya has always had nodes - and that hasn't stopped it from having higher-level/viewport interfaces.

Message 4 of 4

So then...when will we see an API for bifrost?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report