Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waterfall mist

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
grtod
902 Views, 7 Replies

waterfall mist

Hi,

I'm trying to do a waterfall in Maya Bifrost 2.2.0.2.
I have seen these tuts about bifrost that helped me a lot:
but now I've a question:
There's a way for emit mist with aero from the churn attribute of my cached liquid sim ? 

Thanks in advance.
Riccardo.

P.S. I've not already cached the mesh.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
calibrix
in reply to: grtod

You can import your BiF particles into a bifrost graph. Any attribute saved to the particles can be used in the bifrost graph. For example, you could use the chrun attribute to as a multiplier of fog_density for an areo simulation. You would also selectively remove particles that don't have a churn attribute.

Message 3 of 8
grtod

Can you give me a simple bifrost graph example for this effect? I don't know which nodes to use  to create a volume from "chur" attr on cached bif particle and use it for an areo sim. I'm so sorry, but I'm new in bifrost graph and I'm trying to figure out how it works and maya help doesn't help me so much.

Message 4 of 8
grtod
in reply to: calibrix

@calibrix 

Can you give me a simple bifrost graph example for this effect? I don't know which nodes to use  to create a volume from "chur" attr on cached bif particle and use it for an areo sim. I'm so sorry, but I'm new in bifrost graph and I'm trying to figure out how it works and maya help doesn't help me so much.

Message 5 of 8
calibrix

Here's a very basic example of multiplying fog_density emission by churn. This should be enough to get you started.

Message 6 of 8
grtod
in reply to: calibrix

Thanks a lot @calibrix. I'll make you a monument!
Message 7 of 8
praju9986

Hi is there any solution not to make it too complicated instead of using default mesh arnold render. render out as particals(speher) and later apply motion blure in comp. Still am figuring out how to render like a dense particals coz in large waterfall there no visible water drop or water all it looks like huge smoke with some partical  high res and with motionblure. Can any one explain plz 

Message 8 of 8
calibrix
in reply to: praju9986

Hi @praju9986,

I would consult the Arnold docs for specific rendering queries you might have. You could also check for some resources that deal with rendering of water. Try looking at some stuff from rebelway. While they teach mostly houdini, the rendering information will translate across software platforms. From experience, I can tell you that adding motion blur to water as a post process isn’t going to look good. Motion blur for particles will always look better when rendered straight out of arnold. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report