Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vary_source_property with color set for face_vertex_failure_stretch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mikeporetti
464 Views, 8 Replies

vary_source_property with color set for face_vertex_failure_stretch

I have attached a scene to this post.   Ive painted a black and white color set and i was hoping to use this to drive

vary_source_property for face_vertex_failure_stretch.   It doesn't seem to be working.  Any idea why?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
syracoj
in reply to: mikeporetti

not sure if this helps you get closer, but I was able to obtain some noticeable effect based on colorSet by modifying these portions of your graph.

someEffect.png

Message 3 of 9
mikeporetti
in reply to: syracoj

im basically trying to paint a tear map

Message 4 of 9
syracoj

got a little bit better of a response by setting the failure_stretch property value (on the source node) to 1.1

see new image

fineAdjustToFailStretchParameterOnSource.png

Message 5 of 9
syracoj

another angle

anotherAngle.png

Message 6 of 9
mikeporetti

that looks very cool, is it being driven by the vertex colors tho?  do you mind uploading the scene?

Message 7 of 9
syracoj

scene attached.

I just modified the name of the parameter from "face_vertex_failure_stretch" to just "failure_stretch" (this is the name of the property inside the make_mpm_cloth node (make_mpm_cloth > setup_mpm_cloth > set_failure_stretch). In addition to that I changed the actual Failure Stretch property from 2 to 1.1

The color set name "colorSet1" works so I left that alone.

Message 8 of 9
mikeporetti

i dont see the attachment 😛

Message 9 of 9
syracoj

hmmm....perhaps it can't take a .ma file. let me try zip.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report