Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vary MPM granular_particles display scale

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stefan.reutersward
464 Views, 3 Replies

Vary MPM granular_particles display scale

Hi. I'm new to the Bifrost graph.

I'm simulating MPM with a source_mpm_snow, outputting the granular_particles to a .bob cache, then rendering the results. I would like to adjust and randomize the size of the particles, preferably after the simulation has been cached.

The only thing I've figured out is to adjust the particle_display_scale in the source_mpm_snow, but I can't figure out how to create variation, and I can't figure out how to adjust the particle sizes after the simulation. Any tips?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Since you are looking to do this as a post process, you can just modify the point_size property on the MPM particles after you load back in your cache. Just use get_geo_property to fetch the array of point sizes, modify them e.g. using a noise node and use set_geo_property to save them back.

Message 3 of 4

That did the trick, thank you very much! I'll attach a screenshot of my solution, for anyone who's interested.

Message 4 of 4

Aaactually - I now realize I'm not quite there yet. (Is there a way to un-solve a thread?)

The method I used does vary the individual particle sizes... every frame. I would like to set a persistent point_size per point for the duration of the simulation, but can't seem to figure out how to get that to work, either.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report