Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using mpm for clothing

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
C_M_austin
899 Views, 8 Replies

using mpm for clothing

Hi there,

I was wondering to what extent the bifrost mpm cloth solver can be used for clothing? Are there any examples of things like t-shirt and jeans? Is it possible to indicate seams/stitching and constraints in the cloth behaviour? Is it still better to use ncloth at this point?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wuhailu
in reply to: C_M_austin

There is no node for making clothes yet.

The MPM unified solver is automatically constrained, such as between cloth and cloth.

If the model distance is a little closer, mpm will be automatically constrained.

1.png2.png

3.png4.png

Message 3 of 9
C_M_austin
in reply to: wuhailu

Okay, makes sense. Thanks for the examples images

Message 4 of 9
darkbox9XVGC

Hello,

The constraint with color set seems not taking the bind skin's rotation. mpm cloth bindSkin Constraint  

Attached with mov and maya files

thanks a lot

Message 5 of 9
wuhailu

My answer above is somewhat wrong, the MPM boundary is inseparable, I mistakenly thought it was an automatic constraint.

Message 6 of 9
wuhailu

微信图片_20220126194851.png

But the new version can handle such problems very well.

Message 7 of 9
wuhailu
in reply to: darkbox9XVGC

Hi! I am not familiar with Maya animation module.

Message 8 of 9
markove444
in reply to: C_M_austin

Hello,

I was pondering how much the bifrost mpm fabric solver can utilize for the dress. Are there any instances of things like shirts and pants? Is it conceivable to demonstrate creases/sewing and limitations in the material way of behaving? As of now is it actually better to utilize ncloth? I want to use it on my website.

Thank

Message 9 of 9
darkbox9XVGC
in reply to: markove444

Hello, I am still using nCloth in production work, it has more controls and predictable result compare to mpm.  It is difficult to find learning resources on MPM...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report