Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ctrl>G to create compounds creates incorrect port data types

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mcw0
261 Views, 1 Reply

Using ctrl>G to create compounds creates incorrect port data types

I'm using 2.1.0.0.  And using the hotkey combo to "group" a set of nodes into a compound has been giving me errors.  At first I didn't understand what was going on so I gave up on the compounding and ended up with tons of nodes in my graph.  Difficult to work with.  So I'm back now to try to clean things up.  And have spent a bit more time looking into the problem.

When I create the compound, one of the nodes in the newly created compound has a int array as an input.  The compound shows the input as an array with the "hat" shape.  But internally, (the output of the compound's input node), it's just an int "not a hat".  Causing the compound to be red.  But this isn't consistent behavior.  Sometimes internally, it will also have the black dots (forget the terminology here) but still not an array but the compound doesn't complain (not red).  But in this case, it changes my final output of the compound to an array array float (that's not a mistype...it's a double array) when it should just be a float array.  This causes nodes to turn red down stream.  

Luckily, my hunch that maybe I could just reset the port type to an int array worked.  But shouldn't this just work?  Maybe this is fixed in 2.2.0.0?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mjcg91
in reply to: mcw0

I reported this issue recently and it was already logged. 

Maxime Jeanmougin - Technical Artist
https://maximejeanmougin.com

Join the Bifrost Addicts community on Discord:
https://discord.gg/bifrost-addicts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums