Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected result when coloring points by property

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
EpicMeh
186 Views, 2 Replies

Unexpected result when coloring points by property

I was just playing around with pointscope to view a influence radius from certain points on a mesh surface, which worked fine at first. Then I wanted to do a testrender and realized that if you have a arnold shader applied and not the standard Lambert, the points visualizing properties becomes grey and does not represent the actual value of a given property. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround?  It would be nice to view the pointscope node without having to switch shaders all the time. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
InNeedOfHelp
in reply to: EpicMeh

I think this is the same issue when trying to display vertex color on normal meshes with a non native maya material assigned, where the material channel the color trying to display through is not present. You'll see if you select a normal mesh and go to the shape node in the attribute editor, Mesh Component Display > Display Color Channel, here you're able to change this to None so the color will always display regardless of material. Unfortunately a bifrost shape doesn't have this option, so as far as I'm aware you'd have to use a native material to see color in the viewport (lambert, blinn, ect.).

You can plug 2 materials into the shading group as pictured below, where the lambert is what shows in the viewport, and the standard surface is what's actually rendered.

InNeedOfHelp_0-1644359682668.png

Message 3 of 3
EpicMeh
in reply to: EpicMeh

Amazing, this worked perfectly as a workaround, thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums