Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer attributes from root origin to corresponding points in strands?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kmdaniel
345 Views, 2 Replies

Transfer attributes from root origin to corresponding points in strands?

Hi!

I noticed that when I create strands from points and their normals, the created strands won't inherit the root points other attributes. (This is pretty weird, if it is intentional.)

What is the easiest way to copy to original point array attributes to the created strands? I couldn't figure out a for-each for this, although  this should be a pretty simple problem. 

(If I have 20 points, and 20 strands are created, I though it would be possible to somehow "loop over" the strands - 20 iterations - and just copy the actual point data to the actual strand points.)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mjcg91
in reply to: kmdaniel

To transfer all point properties it's a bit tricky, but to transfer a single property it's quite easy. Have a loot at this graph:

transfer_point_property_to_strands.jpg

This requires the point_strand_index property. In case it doesn't work you can use update_strands_ratio to generate it. And of course, it will work only with the points used to generate the strands (like when using nodes like create_strands_along_normals).

Maxime Jeanmougin - Technical Artist
https://maximejeanmougin.com

Join the Bifrost Addicts community on Discord:
https://discord.gg/bifrost-addicts
Message 3 of 3
kmdaniel
in reply to: mjcg91

Ah, so great, thank you! I hope autodesk gives you a bucket of 3090 gpus-t for your amazing tutorials, and help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report