Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline jumping in Bifrost cache?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BrianHanke
365 Views, 3 Replies

Timeline jumping in Bifrost cache?

Hi all, I have a Bifrost fluid sim cached out to BIF. The cache seems to be working correctly, but I can't jump to a later frame in the sim in Maya. It has to play from the beginning every time. If I click on frame 60, for example, it goes there but doesn't load the sim. Is there anything I can do to change this behavior? Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
syracoj
in reply to: BrianHanke

I am unable to reproduce this issue.

Which version of Maya are you using and which OS are you on?

Is it possible to zip and upload your scene file?

Would it be possible to upload a demo video showcasing the issue you are experiencing?

Is there a specific frame rate you are using?

Things you could try:

- select the bifrostLiquidContainer node and setting its Evaluation Type to 'Per Frame'

- Assure your Liquid and Solid Cache controls on the bifrostLiquidPropertiesContainer node are set to 1.

- turn cache playback off.

- assure you aren't using scratch caching or background processing (in the Bifrost Options of the Bifrost Fluids menu).

- Try switching the Preferences > animation from EM-Parallel to DG

Let us know if any of these help.

Message 3 of 4
BrianHanke
in reply to: syracoj

Thanks for the reply! Setting Evaluation Type to "Per Frame" was indeed the solution. Working perfectly now.

Message 4 of 4
syracoj
in reply to: BrianHanke

glad to hear Brian.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums