Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange bifrost graph caching

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
vamp.tobias
785 Views, 2 Replies

Strange bifrost graph caching

i am having quite a wierd issue with the file_Cache node . i try simulating the standard explosion example and then caching it . 

While the example works in the write mode showing fire and so forth 

as soon as i change the file cache node to the read mode it only shows the smoke.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vamp.tobias
in reply to: vamp.tobias

Problem is solved . the file cache node was after the assign material node and not before it causing it to read the material wrong .

Message 3 of 3
Firestorm185
in reply to: vamp.tobias

This, literally saved my bacon. Doing a fire assignment in Maya right now, and coming from Blender I had no idea what I was doing, the cache node was in the wrong place, like yours, and I couldn't see ANY fire at all. Swapping the cache node to behind the material node totally fixed my problem! You're a lifesaver!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report