Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strands color from texture

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rstefan
260 Views, 4 Replies

Strands color from texture

I'm trying to find a way to color the strands using the texture found on the geometry they are created on.
From what I have read and if I understood correctly, it is a two-stage process.
First, I generate the points that "extract" the color, and second, I transfer the color property from the point
to the strand generated by the point. The first part is ready, I have the colored points according to the texture but
I don't know how to transfer the color property from each point to the corresponding strand. To be clear: if I have a white point I want a white strand, if I have a red point I want a red strand.
If anyone has time, I have attached a clean scene. Thank you!

Screenshot .jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sepu6
in reply to: rstefan

Hey, if you look carefully at your properties, you'll see that the point_uv does not get transferred when you use create strands along the normals and there is not promotion anyway.  So create a point_uv from the sample node but the component should be strands instead of pts. 

maya_Davus6Fnf2.png

maya_ghhI9O70fY.png

maya_OPUKDDuKO4.png

Message 3 of 5
rstefan
in reply to: sepu6

Wonderful, thanks again sepu6! Another problem: after I add an MJ extrude strands compound, it seems that it does not transfer that property further, even if it is entered in the transfer properties tab.

Any idea?

Message 4 of 5
sepu6
in reply to: rstefan

right because it accepts point properties, however, if you are using the set strand profile and rendering with Arnold you do not need to convert to a mesh. It will be a lot faster they way that you are doing it anyways instead of a mesh. 

Message 5 of 5
rstefan
in reply to: sepu6

Yeah, I think I'm sticking with Arnold for now. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums