Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strand/curve roll - similiar to bending

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
kmdaniel
1764 Views, 22 Replies

Strand/curve roll - similiar to bending

Hi!

Anyone tried to implement curve roll/unrolling? 

Spiral_simple_curveu_mult.gif

It is similiar to per axis bending, but you execute the rotation on a per point basis relative to the previous point as a pivot. More description here: https://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=CurveUnrollTutorial

I tried to implement the vex code presented on the page, but gave up after couple of hours...

Thanks

Dan

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

The tutorial is very long and complex, which is great, but I really need quick result.
I managed to get a grip on the compound you've sent, but not sure how to get strands to work backwards,
so how to change timing to instead of roll, to unroll.
Is there a way to manipulate time in bifrost, to scale or reverse the time for example ?
Thanks.

Message 22 of 23

> Is there a way to manipulate time in bifrost, to scale or reverse the time for example ?

@stigla You can open up my roll_strand node and find the time node. Then you can manipulate the output of the time node to get your desired effect. For example, if you can multiply the output by two you double the speed of time. Or you could use an fcurve for more advanced timing. Your imagination is the limit at that point.

Message 23 of 23

Thanks. I was looking for it, but probably missed it...
Great stuff. Thanks a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums