Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stick particles to emitter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DannyTheGamer
262 Views, 1 Reply

Stick particles to emitter

Hi,

I'm trying to create clouds through Bifrost and have them morph into custom shapes.

To do so, I created an Aero from the emitter object, turned off Continuous Emission and animated the emitter using Blend Shapes. However, I cannot get the generated particles to stick to the mesh as it deforms.

Is there a solution to this?

Cheers

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If you make a level set out of your emitter (using convert_to_volume), you can use sample_volume_gradient to compute the gradient of the level set at each particle position. The gradient of a level set points in the direction away from surface. So if you negate the gradient you get a vector pointing towards the surface. If you multiply vector pointing towards the surface (i.e. the negative gradient) by the distance to the surface, which you can by sampling the level set with sample_volume, you can move your particles onto the closest point on the surface. Maybe this will work for you?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums