Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source_air node doesn't respect changing values

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
calibrix
499 Views, 4 Replies

source_air node doesn't respect changing values

I think this might be a bug, but I'm not entirely sure. I've created a setup where I've set a point attribute called "point_fog_density_emission_rate". This is the same geo property that is used by the vary_source_propery. I'm setting the value using a fractal noise node that is hooked up to time. However, the aero emission doesn't appear to change over time. I've double checked that my source values are changing by coloring vertices and playing back the viewport. Can someone please shed light on why this is happening? It appears I can't upload a maya file, so I've made a screen grab of the relevant part of my graph.

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michael_nielsen
in reply to: calibrix

Please zip your maya file then it is possible to attach it. Then we can have a look at your scene.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Nielsen

Principal Engineer
Message 3 of 5
calibrix
in reply to: michael_nielsen

Ah, thanks. Here is my scene file. Please take a look.

Message 4 of 5
michael_nielsen
in reply to: calibrix

Thanks.

I inserted a dump_object node after a vary_source_property node and after your custom graph and looked at how they differed. It appears that in order for the solver to re-voxelize the input object when the geometry is static but only properties change, a property called "has_animated_properties" must be set on the object, see image below. I have also attached the updated scene file. It appears to work now.

Cheers,

Michael

has_animated_properties.png

Michael Nielsen

Principal Engineer
Message 5 of 5
calibrix
in reply to: michael_nielsen

Ah I see. Thanks for helping me understand how this works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums