Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set_mesh_UVs - difficulty setting to map1

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
emiccs
347 Views, 1 Reply

set_mesh_UVs - difficulty setting to map1

is it possible to set uvs back to the default map1 of an object?

i've modified the set_mesh_UVs compound to set to the map1 property, or really any sort of custom name, but it doesn't seem to make it back into the maya mesh.

if i create a polyPlane in maya, assign uvs to map1, delete construction history, and then just do a simple pipe through a bifrost graph -> brifrostToMayaGeo -> mesh, the UVs make it through, assigned to the maya uv set called "map1".

internal to the graph, a watchpoint doesn't refer to the UVs by the "map1" property, but by "face_vertex_uv" (target face_vertex_uv_index) and face_vertex_uv_index (target face_vertex_component).

if i create a mesh internal to bifrost, and hook it up to a bifrostToMayaGeo -> mesh, i get map1 (which is empty), and if i use set_mesh_UVs, and use the default face_vertex_uv string property, i get a second map on the maya mesh, called "face_vertex_uv", but i want to be able to output uvs to "map1".

if i modify the compound to save to "map1" rather than "face_vertex_uv", i get for internal bifrost properties: map1 (target map1_index), map1_index (target face_vertex_component). all the information is otherwise identical to when the target was "face_vertex_uv", but the result is just an empty "map1" uv set on the output mesh.

what am i doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
stephen.yee
in reply to: emiccs

Hi,

Its a bit confusing but within a bifrost graph, the uv set names use the convention "face_vertex_uv" as you've noticed.

In order to bring in a mesh from Maya, and bring it back out with the same uv set names we use an extra property on the uv sets called "dcc_name" which will tell the bifrostGeoToMaya node what to name the uv set on the corresponding Maya mesh.  You can see this property if you bring a Maya mesh into the Bifrost graph and dump it out as a text file will a dump_object node. 

For meshes that you create directly inside Bifrost, you should be able to add this "dcc_name" property to your uv sets, and the bifrostGeoToMaya node will use that name when translating the mesh back to Maya.

Hope that helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report