Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scRoll deformer with gravity effect

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
pranaymeher
812 Views, 8 Replies

scRoll deformer with gravity effect

This deformer made using Bifrost showcases how a rig deformations can be converted into its own deformer. I had recently rigged a paper scroll with the gravity effect. I have taken the same idea of my rig and converted it into a deformer using Bifrost. I still have some more work to do on the deformer therefore I'm not publishing the deformer compound. Basically the deformer is currently working on a plane surface. I'm going make it work on surfaces with thickness. But you can still take a look at the maya file. Bifrost is awesome.

Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hey,

I wanted to have a look but the biforst shape I get is a unknownDag even if the biforst plug ins are loaded. Any idea how i could fix that to see the inner workings of your deformer?

Thanks

Message 3 of 9

Hi @borjonpiron.kevin ,

I'm guessing you are not on the latest version of Bifrost. Please make sure your version is 2.2.*. If it is still not working for you after updating your Bifrost version then let me know. I'll take a look.

Message 4 of 9
pranaymeher
in reply to: pranaymeher

This is a visualization of the deformation matrices of the deformer

Message 5 of 9
mcw0

Very cool.  I'm currently working on a similar effect but I'm using the bend deformer and piping it into my bifrost graph.  It's nice to know this kind of deformation is achievable in bifrost.  Thanks for sharing.

Message 6 of 9
mihirsbcc

cool... awesome work.

Message 7 of 9
pranaymeher

I managed to make my scRoll deformer work on thick objects. Big thanks to Guillaume Laforge and Maxime Jeanmougin for the idea on matrix interpolation. Jason Labbé, thanks for the bifrost output reader tool.

Message 8 of 9
mihirsbcc

this is even better.
Message 9 of 9
pranaymeher

I just noticed that the video wasn't playing. Here it is again with a new link.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums