Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCatter on Volume

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
valhallen
474 Views, 2 Replies

SCatter on Volume

Ok Gurus, I have a weird one here ...I'm trying to scatter in a volume using a random/density point scatter - which I assumed would scatter based on voxel_fog_density ...Doesn't appear to be working.  Am I doing something wrong here, or have I assumed incorrectly?  My merged volume has a strip running through it that doubles the voxel density, so I would expect to see twice as many points in that strip than out of it?  Watchpoint/Dump object is giving me a lot of zeros, but some higher densities too ... help me Obifrost Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope ...

I've even tried 10x the density but with no joy:

valhallen_1-1627999973608.png

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: valhallen

Hi!

Try a higher value for Amount in the scatter node and keep the density values in a range of 0 - 1 , or remap them to a range of 0 - 1 .

Message 3 of 3
valhallen
in reply to: mspeer

Worked a treat! Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums