Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution based on distance in Camera

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jhamilton3E55F
582 Views, 5 Replies

Resolution based on distance in Camera

Is there a way to swap in instances based off the distance to the camera. I.e. farther back you are from the camera, the lower resolution model And the closer to the camera you are it will swap in a Hi-Rez version like a game engine? I’m using assets from Megascan so that gives me an array of resolutions so my assets are already built. It will cut down on rendered times and real time feedback in my scenes, especially intake renders or close-ups. 

jeremiah

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mspeer
in reply to: jhamilton3E55F

Hi!

1. Select objects

2. Edit -> LOD (Level of Detail) -> Create LOD Group

Message 3 of 6
jhamilton3E55F
in reply to: mspeer

If created a value node of type float3. Then plugged this into a construct_points node then connected it to construct_points to point_position input a fan-in, used the points output of the construct_points node as the input for the preview_geometries fan-in?

Message 4 of 6

instance the levels and ran the weights out and based them off this theory to a colorSet Att 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bifrost-forum/create-weightmap-based-on-proximity/m-p/9087043#M1054

ran the transforms of the sphere to the input node and connected attributes to my camera translates With a simple connect attribute. Similar to the old way we used to do project depth for DOP in Maya back in the old days. Wish there was a coding solution. Well are RND it more tomorrow. 

Message 5 of 6
mspeer
in reply to: jhamilton3E55F

Hi!

If you want to use distance based LODs with Instances is Bifrost, you can use use a simple if...else statement.

You just need:

1. camera position and point position, then you can calculate the distance with "subtract" and "length".

2. Use "less" (or "greater")  and "if" nodes to set the desired instance ID for a certain point within a certain distance range.

3. Feed the ID values into the "set_instance_geometry" node.

Message 6 of 6

Here what I was looking for, once compond installed, run mel for quick setup but not needed. Now set this with the new adapitve REZ feature in create volume and your going to seen magic.  For more speed drag in to a new graph and get_points for mask. 🙂 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wuk8ceBQMX0mRsAnElvAIxmCPHWwRdSI/view?usp=sharing thumbnail.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report