Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering BOSS foam maps with Renderman

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shmooved
344 Views, 3 Replies

Rendering BOSS foam maps with Renderman

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a complete example showing how to set up a Renderman shading network to correctly apply the BOSS generated foam maps. More specifically, how exactly do I take the RGB output from the foam map .exr textures and apply them correctly to a PxrSurface? 

I found one video that showed this being done with a Maya remap color feeding into the glow color of the PxrSurface, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: shmooved

Watch the workflow from the maya learning channel of Boss, there are 4 tutorials.

Message 3 of 4
shmooved
in reply to: damaggio

Those videos are great, but the rendering workflow presented is for Arnold. Has anyone successfully achieved similar renderings using Renderman instead?

Message 4 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: shmooved

Just try the same workflow, put into emission and use a HSV node , desaturate and put into emission, you can also try with killing the refraction with those maps and use as the diffuse for the water color, black for water white for foam... white for refraction ,black for no refraction.

2 ways I do in Vray.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report