Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel Pack namespace

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aaronfross
452 Views, 4 Replies

Rebel Pack namespace

Hi,

In the next version of the Rebel Pack, can you please put all of the included compounds and graphs in a separate namespace? Currently they are all scattered in with the factory default installation nodes. This is dependency hell waiting to happen.

Adding a Rebel Pack node results in a dependency to a library that is not included with the base installation of Bifrost. Other than the node icon, the user has no way of knowing that a node is part of the Rebel Pack. I want to know what I'm adding BEFORE I add it.

And since the "Make Editable" command is not recursive, there's no practical way to import a custom compound that encapsulates other custom compounds. I didn't see that in any of the Rebel Pack compounds I loaded, but that doesn't mean it doesn't or won't happen.

That's an issue in itself, but I'll address that in another thread. For this thread, I just want to underline the importance of keeping custom compounds in their own namespace. Otherwise, users are going to have serious issues down the road.

Thanks

Aaron

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
syracoj
in reply to: aaronfross

I drew up an improvement ticket (BIFROST-4041) internally on your behalf that catalogues this request.

Message 3 of 5
aaronfross
in reply to: syracoj

Thanks, John

Message 4 of 5

Have to agree here. Haveing the RebelPack mixed with other nodes is not a good idea.

The user cant see if he is using a RP node or not during creation.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 5 of 5

Yep, we need better, friendly and robust way of organization and naming...maybe we can make compatible with the content browser too, so we can avoid new windows...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report