Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read_OpenVDB_volume

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
zoharl
469 Views, 9 Replies
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sepu6
in reply to: zoharl

you need to set up a point_size or use the set point shape to give a default size to your pts as I mentioned in the other thread. 

I added both options, just using the set point shape or using an attribute to drive the pts.

Here is the file working just fine. 

maya_jG7iHIWd4R.png

Message 3 of 10
zoharl

Sorry, to clarify, the data contains both particles and volumes. In the other thread

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bifrost-forum/render-particels/m-p/11289941

I'm asking about rendering the points. In this thread, I'm asking how to render the volumes. This is my current setup:

Clipboard01.png

Message 4 of 10
sepu6

Look at the size of the array you have 6 types of data coming in the Volume. (it says 5 because the count starts from 0) Im guessing you want to retrieve PHI volume data so with a get_from_array you can specify which data you want to act on. In this case, is index 1 then I grab that data and I convert it to something that BF understands which is voxel_signed_distance (SDF) then I convert it into geo. W is the shortcut to see properties between the lines. 

When we have a data browser hopefully soon, you will be able to see all this data in one place. 

maya_NhEB6xJz1r.png

maya_Rn4qf2L0v4.png

maya_vkqGTPSCoL.png

I updated the file as well. 

Message 5 of 10
zoharl

I don't have a voxel SDF node.

I press W, and nothing is shown. What needs to be selected (when I press a connection, it edits and disconnects it)?

I'm using maya 2020. Do I need 2022?

Message 6 of 10
sepu6

you need Bifrost 2.5 

https://newpossible.autodesk.com/bifrost/downloads-638P2-4563SI.html

You can just set the property yourself with the set_geo_property "voxel_signed_distance". The set_voxel node is just for convenience. But I still highly recommend downloading

https://area.autodesk.com/m/jonah-friedman/assets/rebel-pack-041

and install it in  "C:\Users\yourname\Autodesk\Bifrost\Compounds" 

If the folder doesn't exist just create it. 

Message 7 of 10
zoharl

That's nice, and probably what I need.

Now, let's try something different. How can I render it with aiStandardVolume (fog/smoke style)? For example, the density function phi < 0. As I mentioned in the initial post, with other data files, I didn't need to do much except assigning a shader.

Message 8 of 10
sepu6

The use property "voxel_fog_density" and negate your phi volume before setting the geo and just add volume shader render and profit. 

Message 9 of 10
zoharl

I tried this?

Clipboard01.png

Message 10 of 10
sepu6

Look carefully at my example. You are missing a connection. set voxel density is missing the input geo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums