Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Bifrost Ocean Blending Workflow

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
joelacoleman99
277 Views, 0 Replies

Question about Bifrost Ocean Blending Workflow

I've been trying to learn guided simulations in Bifrost and I can't seem to get past ocean blending with a deformed ocean mesh.

I want to combine a fluid sim with a BOSS output mesh in compositing but I'm not sure how to use the Ocean Blending option correctly.

Leaving it at default looks like it is blending with a flat plane that cuts off part of the simulation (see DefualtOceanBlending.png). The Mesh Plane used is the Boss output mesh.

What would be the recommended workflow for doing this? The closest I can think of would be to lower the Ocean Blending Offset until the whole surface is visible and then masking out unwanted artifacts by hand (see LoweredOceanBlendMask.png)
Is that the way to do it or am I missing something?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums