Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prepare_mpm_collider - can't find any documentation on google or autodesk help website

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brandaosa
185 Views, 2 Replies

prepare_mpm_collider - can't find any documentation on google or autodesk help website

There are many mpm nodes with no "info" for guidance, nor documentation online. Or is there any other place to get guidance for these nodes? 

I am having trouble with colliders, as it just crashes the scene when turned on. So I am looking for alternative nodes, since the number of min/max steps in the solver is already very high.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sepu6
in reply to: brandaosa

Can you share what version of BF and Maya as well? 

If you could share a repro would also help, since it is pretty weird that it just crashes when you turn on a collider. Its probably something with the geo. 

You could also try "collide_field_influence" node. 

https://youtu.be/BlJmW8dsf-U?si=wG4D1TcoQua_wahm&t=537

Message 3 of 3
brandaosa
in reply to: sepu6

Thanks for your reply. I will provide a scene, but probably the reason why it was crashing was because of particle/collider interpenatration. Even setting my time step size to lower 0.5 or so. I had to duplicate the objects used as colliders, put in a solver, and delay it a little bit, so less chances of interpenetrations would occur.

But I am still curious about the mpm nodes. I am trying to use age_mpm_particles to get rid of some particles that could be removed, but I will have to go into the node and try to understand or guess how it works, instead of just reading some tips or documentation...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums