Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per-Parameter Reset and Node Reset / Parameter Panel lock/pin

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
doppelgaenger_digital
415 Views, 2 Replies

Per-Parameter Reset and Node Reset / Parameter Panel lock/pin

Dear Bifrost Team!

I was playing around with the MPM Solver today. I get good results for now, although I whish there would be some more detailed documentation or tutorials about (as for everything in Bifrost).

I created some Input Nodes to overcome the compiling issue for faster iterating. At some point I wondered, if I could just reset some values, to make a fresh start. I know that I could just swap the node with a fresh one. But having to relink all input and output Nodes can be very tedious. 

I whish there would be something like a per-parameter reset and a node reset button! This is something I am missing in Maya anyway.

And it would be nice to have the option to open another Parameter Editor when one is already locked/pinned. This would be useful when comparing parameters, or just keep track of multiple Nodes settings.

I am really looking forward to use Bifrost for more than just experimenting. I hope it soon will be more accessible and intuitive in future updates. Keep up the good work!

Kind Regards,

Stefan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the suggestion. We've been thinking about something like this as well. I appreciate you going into detail about your workflow. It helps us better understand the pain points.

Ian Hooper
UX Architect
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your answer. It is good to know, that you are aware of peoples needs! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums