Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pan or sticky connections - noob question on the UI

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tdquarry
134 Views, 2 Replies

pan or sticky connections - noob question on the UI

I can't figure out how to pan the bifrost window when trying to connect items on far sides of the graph - I have to zoom out, move over one of the nodes, zoom in, connect them, move it back.

Watching some youtube tutorials, perhaps it's the connecter that is sticky? I've seen tutorials where you can drag a connector out and then tab a node to drop it onto. This doesn't work for me, the connector disappears when I lift my mouse button. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ihooper
in reply to: tdquarry

The trick is to click and release the left-mouse button to grab a wire from a port. This will cause the wire to follow you mouse without you needing to hold down any mouse buttons. This leaves you free to middle-mouse pan the screen.

When you find the target port, you can just left-click on the port to attach the wire and finish the connection.

Ian Hooper
UX Architect
Message 3 of 3
tdquarry
in reply to: ihooper

Aha! OMG thanks that was driving me nuts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report