Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one Bifrost graph with multiple smoke emitters but diffent start frame

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
renato_battaglia
192 Views, 2 Replies

Only one Bifrost graph with multiple smoke emitters but diffent start frame

Hey guys, 

I made an animation of a vehicle. I have a smoke-emitting geometry for each tire, and  I have been using Maya fluids for the tires smoke.

I had only one Maya fluid to multiple geometry emitters in my previews workflow. And I was able to animate the emission of particles individually for every single emitter. 

I'm starting to use Bifrost now. So, I created only one Bifrost graph where I can control the smoke for all four tires, similar to my preview Maya fluids workflow.

I also like to have the freedom to start emitting each geometry at a different frame. I would like to know if there is any node I can add that enables and disables a geometry emission or something similar.

Maybe some kind of turn on/off switch in between the smoke_planShapes nodes and the vary_fog_density node. (screenshot attached)

Best regards,

Renato Battaglia

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sepu6
in reply to: renato_battaglia

I can think of two ways to do this one is just duplicate the source air + vary source property, where you can specify the start frame for each obj. And you can either create values to keep everything consistent between the properties or change them as you wish. So that is the main advantage of this workflow, that you can change properties per obj so for example if you gonna have an obj that is far away then you do not need that much resolution, etc. 

The next is using a switch so you can create an empty obj and promote the select input to the top level and just animate when you want the obj to show up, this way you keep one network for all objects, obviously, the main disadvantage of this method is that you do not have control per obj. 

There are more than these 2 options, but this is quick and fast. 

So pick your poison. Here is a switch compound I took from Jason. 

BF_duplicate.png

BF_switch.png

Message 3 of 3

Thank you so much. That's what I was looking for. Totally missed the air source property option.

Cheers,

Renato Battaglia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report