Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only evaluate at translation/rendertime

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
n_rehberg
247 Views, 1 Reply

Only evaluate at translation/rendertime

Hi,

is it possible to have a bifShape only evaluate at render or translation time?

For example I have a lot of standins instanced and animated via bifrost. But even if there is nothing to see in the viewport the graph seems to be evaluated on scene open and in each frame during playback, killing the performance.

Furthermore I though there was something similar to this mentioned in the presentations way back when bifrost was teasered. Something about having different outputs depending if it is viewport or rendering. So I could have a reduced amount of preview instances/strands and full density at render time. Is there such a functionality?

Thanks,

Nico

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jonah.friedman
in reply to: n_rehberg

We are currently working on features like this. They targets specifically this use case - different outputs for viewport and rendering. Stay tuned... 

Jonah Friedman
Bifrost Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report