Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noise fan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hga1af1a1aa1
424 Views, 4 Replies

noise fan

100 percent boot and makes a loud noise fan how to make it load 50 percent during processing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are you asking how to limit Maya/Bifrost to only use a certain percentage of your CPU?

Message 3 of 5

yes tell me kakda tell me how
the fan is noisy, as if a plane is taking off

Message 4 of 5
hga1af1a1aa1
in reply to: hga1af1a1aa1

good supplement
bifrost extension
only
the fan is noisy, as if the plane is taking off
impossible to work

Message 5 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: hga1af1a1aa1

Hi!

If the system gets too loud when used at 100%, that's mainly a problem of how the system is build + the used components. This should not happen under normal conditions, like a proper ambient temperature.

I recommend to check your components, maybe you need a better fan, overall cooling-solution, or the cooler is not properly placed on the CPU.

(There are for sure more options how to compensate this, like limiting the overall CPU speed,...)

However i would also welcome settings to limit threads, not only for rendering, but also for other calculations (mainly to keep the system responsive for other tasks).

I don't think this is currently possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums