Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple MPM cloth multiple alembic caches Bug?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
doppelgaenger_digital
348 Views, 1 Reply

multiple MPM cloth multiple alembic caches Bug?

I am simulating multiple pieces of MPM cloth with different starting frames. After simulation i split up the array to cache individual pieces, which works fine with "file_cache" and writing alembic sequence.

But when using write_alembic_cache and "write to single file" enabled, I end up with an alembic showing geo shuffeling through the array on every frame and there is only Data in the first alembic object. 

When I just hook up one write_alembic after the other, everything is fine again. So I guess that's a bug...

More than that, there should be a node like split_by_material also for MPM cloth, to automatically strip the whole thing into its pieces again after simulation.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @doppelgaenger_digital, I maintain the Alembic importer/exporter in Bifrost. I am not 100% sure I understand your problem. Are you able to provide a scene file showing your problem so I can see for myself? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report