Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple bifrost in scene

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
therianbobcat
337 Views, 6 Replies

Multiple bifrost in scene

Hello everyone i'm having a problem and cant find anything on the internet to help, I hope you guys can help me.

I have a scene with two bifrost liquids in it I set the initial state of the two liquids and now I can work on frame one no problem but when I make my Fire using aura it looks good on frame 15 but when I compute and cache to disk I still cant get the water and fire on the same frame either I have water or I have fire. How can I keep everything on the first frame. By the way this is a still image i'm not trying to make anything move once I render it out. Please help I've been trying to figure this out for 3 days now.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
syracoj
in reply to: therianbobcat

so you want the aero fire look on frame 15 to be on frame 1? You should be able to shift the aero cache frame using a basic Maya math node in the DG plugged between the Maya time node and the bifrost aero (cache?) node.

Message 3 of 7
therianbobcat
in reply to: syracoj

Thank you im going to give that a try. im going to have to look up some videos on the whole DG thing cause i have never heard of it before now. 

Message 4 of 7

Well it worked and i thank you for that but now when i render the image with arnold and try to save it as a png the fire does not show up. what do i have to do to keep the fire there, cause i just want a picture for a shirt. Please help thanks.

Message 5 of 7
syracoj

is that only happening when you save as a png?

Perhaps render the frame as an exr and then convert to png in photoshop?

Off hand I don't know why that is without looking at the scene and cache files.

Message 6 of 7
therianbobcat
in reply to: syracoj

Yes its only happens when I have as a png. the fire shows up on jpeg. ill try saving it as exr. and see what that does. thanks

Message 7 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

That's very likely a problem related to alpha channel / transparency.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report