Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPM snow performance scaling

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
257 Views, 1 Reply

MPM snow performance scaling

Testing MPM snow sim for a project I noticed even on the un-workstation level Ryzen 2600X cpu (our focus is realtime) it's never saturated, hovering at about 85% usage even changing substantially the number of particles on a test scene. No caching activated so disk it's not a bottleneck, RAM also plenty available. 

Expecting ages to complete a very detailed sim was wondering if and what CPU upgrade path might have sense.

Not sure if more cores will really speed up or not the simulation. 

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
davide445
in reply to: Anonymous

Increasing further the number of particles per voxel the CPU get up to 100%, since so far is needing 15 min per frame simulation time (no rendering) on a standard setup, I'm looking for a virtual workstation to speed up things.

So I have clarified the point, looking also at other posts, CPU cores/threads number count a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report