Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mpm particles,snow,sand , follow mesh

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
marcury
807 Views, 4 Replies

mpm particles,snow,sand , follow mesh

i have a mocap walk body , create sand or snow or particles inside , only use first frame creation particles and i want this follow the animation , like if mesh is attractor of the particles , kind of input mesh attract of ncloth 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Bruce.Lee.
in reply to: marcury

Hi marcury,

You can think of an animated object as a collision, and then the particle will follow the object.

Message 3 of 5
marcury
in reply to: Bruce.Lee.

yes but i do not want to deal with collision , i would prefer something softer attracting the particles to animation , i wonder if typical mocaps dancing man made of sand , and sand following the dance while some sand falling down , its just making the mesh colliding? 

Message 4 of 5
markus_pchalek

You can compute velocity on the animated mesh, convert to volume and propagate the voxel velocities to a voxel_field. This can be used as influence using influence_set_property node. Gradualy bool away at your animated mesh and use that as an input for mask_influence. This will release the particles.

https://youtu.be/Kairl3OJyUQ

Message 5 of 5
marcury

sounds very cool way to do it thx , i will try later , long time didnt log in here 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums