Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPM Cloth modulate influences with painted vertex colors or custom array

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
bugsdabunny
248 Views, 0 Replies

MPM Cloth modulate influences with painted vertex colors or custom array

I am trying to use the modulate influence node to mask out certain influences on different parts of my cloth in an MPM simulation. In the description of modulate_influences it says simulation properties can be used to modulate the influences, so is it possible to get the values from a custom colorSet I painted? Or some other array? I can get it working when I set it to modulate based off point_velocity for example, but that is a simulation property I don't have control over. Can I make a custom property drive it?

I tried using influence_set_property but it seems a property set this way won't work for modulate_influence. I was able to get mask_influence to work at masking out wind/turbulence, but this compound calculates the mask based of a distance to some geometry. This is not ideal, I want to paint it on very specific areas of cloth. I tried having a look at property_proxy_field inside modulate influence and I can read my custom property there, but it does not seem to be affecting anything inside simulate_mpm. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report