Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge geometry compound generates strange uvs

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kmdaniel
511 Views, 2 Replies

Merge geometry compound generates strange uvs

Hi!

I was playing around with trying to "uninstance" instanced geometries, but ended up using MJCG's replicate mesh compound (from this forum). But I noticed, that he used the "merge_geometry" general node, which strangely messes up the incoming uvs.

Here is a testscene: without merging, the geometry works fine in maya, but if I use the merged stream, the output maya geometry will has the default map1 uvset completely empty, BUT creates the bifrost's default uv "face_vertex_uv" exported as a valid uvset on the maya shape. 

It took a while to figure it out, I though the node completely destroys the uv, but it just ends up converting it back in a bad way.

Is this a bug, or I'm missing something? (not a big problem, but it took a while to figure it out, what's happening)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mjcg91
in reply to: kmdaniel

Bifrost's UV system is working great inside Bifrost, but when converting a mesh back to Maya it has some flaws. That said, you can deal with this issue by doing this before exporting your object:

After this, the face_vertex_uv will appear as the standard uvSet in Maya.

Maxime Jeanmougin - Technical Artist
https://maximejeanmougin.com

Join the Bifrost Addicts community on Discord:
https://discord.gg/bifrost-addicts
Message 3 of 3
kmdaniel
in reply to: mjcg91

Oh, great, thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report