Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Bifrost through Deadline not creating mesh cache

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
nathansSZRUB
629 Views, 12 Replies

Maya Bifrost through Deadline not creating mesh cache

Hi Everyone, 

I cannot get Deadline to create my Birfost water mesh cache.

Deadline creates my Foam, lowres_voxel_liquid, Solids and voxel_liquid cache successfully however, it will not make my Mesh cache.  Maya will create it if I cash locally, but not through Deadline.

How do I get this to work on Deadline?

My Bifrost Meshing is enabled in my "Liquid Shape" attributes and the "Mesh Cache" is enabled in the "bifrostLiquidPropertiesContainer" with "Cache Control" set to 0.

Please help.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi Nathan,

It's hard to tell whether this might be an issue with Bifrost Fluids or Deadline. It sounds like you have everything installed and set up properly, otherwise you wouldn't be getting the other caches.

Can you upload a zipped scene that we can try to replicate the issue with?

Also, have you checked on the Deadline forums? It's possible that someone has already dealt with a similar issue.

Best,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 3 of 13

Hi Gray,

Thank you for your reply. I have attached my working file in a ZIP for you to view. I am using Maya 2019.2

I have checked the deadline forums, but I have not found a post on the problem I am having. I will post there as well to see if I can find an answer. Thank you for the suggestion. Hopefully, you can find something.

Cheers,
Nate

Message 4 of 13

Thanks for the file, Nathan. For your information, we are tracking this as BIFROST-5018.

Sorry but I forgot to ask before — what version of Bifrost are you running?

Thanks,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 5 of 13

Hi Gray,

Sorry, I thought I would have got an email notification for this message, and got thrown into some other fires at work.  I am using whatever Bifrost version comes with Maya 2019.2.  If that is not the right answer, I can't figure out how to find the Bifrost version.

I am also running into another issue with my voxel display showing only a single white box no matter what values I input.  Is there a quick solution to that one?

Message 6 of 13
ryan.harvey
in reply to: nathansSZRUB

Hi there,

The 'white cube' issue sounds like BIFROST-2353, which is caused by the OpenGL Legacy mode being active in Viewport 2.0. Can you confirm if that's the mode you're Viewport 2.0 is set to? If so, you can work around it by setting either OpenGL Core Profile or DirectX 11 mode.

Hope it helps,

Ryan

Bifrost QA at Autodesk
Message 7 of 13
nathansSZRUB
in reply to: ryan.harvey

Hi Ryan,  

Thank you for the advice.  Unfortunately, after switching to Directx 11 and both Open Gl Core engines with a restart after each switch,  the white box persists to show.  Open GL Core (strict) actually just blocks out a quarter of the viewport with a white square.    

Message 8 of 13
ryan.harvey

No problem, and that's interesting. Are you on windows, and which graphics card and driver are you using?

When that happens, is it in the same scene as you attached above, or a different one? If a different one, do you mind sharing the other scene?

Thanks,

Ryan

Bifrost QA at Autodesk
Message 9 of 13
nathansSZRUB

Hi Ryan,

It's with all my files, including the one I uploaded.  I even cleared my Maya Pref folder to see if that would fix the issue, with no success.  I am using Windows 10.
Video Card.PNG

Message 10 of 13
ryan.harvey

Thanks for the extra info. I'm using the same driver on windows, and the same versions of Maya and Bifrost, but I can't reproduce with the scene attached above (it only appears to contain the legacy liquids).

Do you mind loading the scene I've attached here, going to frame 1, then pressing play and then stop at frame 50, and letting me know if it also produces the white cube problem on your machine? The expected result for frame 50 is:

aero_Bifrost2010.png

(The scene and screenshot includes both legacy aero and the 'new Bifrost graph' aero solver.)

Thanks,

Ryan

Bifrost QA at Autodesk
Message 11 of 13
nathansSZRUB

Yes, my scene is only using the Bifrost Fluids plug-in, it does not contain anything from the new Bifrost Graph plug-in. 

I opened up your scene and I get the same issue. 

sample.PNG

Message 12 of 13
ryan.harvey

Thanks for trying that, and for sharing your screenshot. I notice you have the legacy viewport options available and thought that might be it, but when I do that on my side, I can't reproduce.

However I can reproduce the white cube on my end if I change Renderer > Viewport 2.0 [ ] option box > Transparency Algorithm to "Alpha Cut". I'm assuming you just left my scene as-is, and you didn't enable Alpha Cut? (The Alpha Cut problem is logged as BIFROST-5052, but I don't think that's the issue you're hitting.)

Any other environment variables or user preferences that you have set on your side that might be the culprit?

If not, the only difference remaining would be your M4000 card. (I'm on an RTX.) I don't have an M series on hand, but I can find a way to check on one if it's the last variable remaining.

Cheers,

Ryan

Bifrost QA at Autodesk
Message 13 of 13
nathansSZRUB

Hi Ryan, 
Thanks for trying,  I turned on the Legacy Viewport after I tried your file with no success. I was curious if it would help.  I did try deleting the user preferences and using a fresh one, with no success.  It is what it is.

Hopefully, Grahame can figure out the Deadline meshing problem.  I reached out on the deadline forum, but I have not got a response yet.  

Thank you, Ryan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report