Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 Viewport Issue

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
1382 Views, 24 Replies

Maya 2020 Viewport Issue

Hi all

Bifrost renders in Arnold OK, but I can’t see the preview in the Maya viewport.

Is the viewport using the GPU? I have older Geforce Titan Blacks.

Also, as we can't render in V-Ray at the mo, are there any good tutorials for exporting Bifrost and importing for rendering in V-Ray?

Cheers

Steve

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: syracoj

Ah, we work in Z up, which might explain the rotational values.

Here's a .ma scene in the Y up.

Tried the default aero shader too, but no luck.

Cheers

Steve

Message 22 of 25
syracoj
in reply to: Anonymous

thanks steveh2,

I tried setting my nvidia settings to match yours and that didn't repro the issue. Just wanted to give you a heads up on that.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous

Cool, cheers 😊

Message 24 of 25
syracoj
in reply to: Anonymous

I just downloaded and installed vray 5 trial, and despite doing that I am unable to repro.

So to recap:

- using the same scene as you

- with a graphics card on my win 10 machine which was released several years ago

- on fresh preferences

- w/ vray 5 for Maya installed and licensed

- w/ the same MtoA and Bifrost plugins you have tried (4.1.1 MtoA and 2.2.1.1 bifrost)

- default material is off, no special settings in VP2 options

- and comparable Nvidia Options set

I am unable to reproduce your issue.

You suggested you tried on another machine using P2000/6000 cards and were able to repro there as well.

This complicates things as far as assuming the issue derives from your Titan card. It is a possibility though that the VP drawing is failing on all of the cards you have tried but it seems unlikely to me.

I suppose we could set up a zoom call where you could possibly share your screen to take a look at a few things. 

Is this something that would be possible on your end? If so please send me a private message with an email address I can reach you at.

Message 25 of 25
Anonymous

Thanks again for going through Maya and troubleshooting with me and for fixing the issue.

Super stuff.

The Viewport 2.0 Rendering engine switched to the following solved the issue:

steveh2_0-1621375194089.png

Thanks again

Cheers

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums