Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping properties from object to source emitters

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
brandaosa
163 Views, 0 Replies

mapping properties from object to source emitters

I have a read_bifrost_obj node from customized particles. Each points has a timestamp property (life)

I am using this geometry as emitter in a source_air.

Finally, I wante to be able to map the "life" property to the "temperature" property. 

I have been struggling a lot already trying to figure out how the  vary_source_property node works internally.

I tried so many combinations with a set_geo_property node and nothing seems to work to override the source_air

node parameters.

Is there any setup I should follow to map properties to emitting sources??

cumber.png

In a simpler example, I could override the temperature property by setting a set_property on the additional_properties socket. But this setup does not work for emitting from arrays of objects as far as I could manage to build a working graph.

Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report