Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulator Field Version 2 (**UPDATE** 2.01)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Roland.Reyer
1050 Views, 10 Replies

Manipulator Field Version 2 (**UPDATE** 2.01)

Finally version 2 of the Manipulator Field is ready.

image.png

In version 2 the Manipulator Field brings some technical improvements.

• the performance was improved
  • the direction of the "Around Axis" in the cube shape has been corrected
  • the effect of "Erode ID" has been significantly improved

In addition to the Manipulator Field, the Shelf now contains additional tools.

• a "Sphere Field", a simple sphere manipulator with a scalar field
  • a "Box Field", also a whole simple scalar version of the field
  • a "Position Manipulator", creates a locator and connects the matrix to the bifrost graph - for convenience
  • a "Direction Manipulator", makes an arrow manipulator and connects the matrix to the bifrost graph - for convenience

IMPORTANT 1: the scripts for these functions can be found in a new MEL file.

IMPORTANT 2: if something seems not to work, or if you have trouble installing it - please let me know.

For the functions of the Manipulator Field I refer here to videos for version 1.

Labels (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Thanks Roland those Manipulators are really handy.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 11
moiamy
in reply to: Roland.Reyer

Hello @Roland.Reyer 

With V2.1 version when I want to add a second manipulator : 

source addManipulatorField_2.mel;
addFieldManipulator_2( "", -1, 2);
// Warning: file: C:/Users/B/Documents/maya/2022/scripts/addManipulatorField_2.mel line 118: Unclear selection! Please select a Bifrost Board or one of its manipulators. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/B/Documents/maya/2022/scripts/addManipulatorField_2.mel line 471: BifrostBoard doesn`t exist or has no Manipulator Field with that number //

I have selected in BG my Manipulator_Field compound before pressing the shelf button

Here is my shelf arrangement :

moiamy_0-1655912461558.png

Does it speak to you ?

Message 4 of 11
sepu6

Select the manipulator first then click on the button, so for example if you have `mf_0_volume` click on that first then the shelf tool with the green icon, and that will add another manipulator to be use with the same settings if you need a completely new one so they do not share the same setting then just click v2 button or simple ones.

Message 5 of 11
darioOrtisi

I get this error

source addManipulatorField_2.mel;
addManipulatorField_2( "");
// Warning: file: C:/Users/xxxx/Documents/maya/scripts/addManipulatorField_2.mel line 150: Please select ONE Bifrost Board, Bifrost Shape, or a connected object to create a Manipulator Field for //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/xxxx/Documents/maya/scripts/addManipulatorField_2.mel line 660: No such bifrostBoard exists >< //

Message 6 of 11
sepu6

Literally, I responded to the same question that you are asking. Read my response.

Message 7 of 11
darioOrtisi
in reply to: sepu6

Yes i did it. There was something wrong in the scripts. I restart Maya, not work. I reinstall the plugins now is working.
Message 8 of 11
Roland.Reyer

There is a little glitch in the Shelf of Manipulator Field V2.0 (at least in my Shelf):

The "Cleanup button isn't working because it calls the wrong function.

Instead of addFieldManipulator it should call mf_cleanup("");

You can change this yourself or load the new package from here.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

RolandReyer_0-1657096061042.png

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for the update Roland!

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 10 of 11
darioOrtisi

Thanks @Roland.Reyer  it was that.

Message 11 of 11
darioOrtisi

@Roland.Reyer Iv'e ispected my scene, before cleanup by hand. I've noticed that the error i get, was when the graph has some non utilized nodes. I usually try multiple variant of connection, non erroring node. When i canceled this node, the addFieldManipulator add the manipulator correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums