Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manipulator field to rotation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tdquarry
195 Views, 6 Replies

manipulator field to rotation

I'm trying to get Roland Reyer's manipulator field to push away some instances. Using the vector scope, I can see the field is doing exactly what I want it to but I can't figure out how to transfer this info to the instance rotations. There is an effect, just not what the one I'm intending. It's not really a bifrost issue, more a "I don't get rotations" issue. Any pointers would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sepu6
in reply to: tdquarry

can you show with a picture what are you trying to achieve, or show the vector field scope?

Message 3 of 7
tdquarry

Sure, see attached. I have the cylindrical field set to "away from axis". The blues lines are the from the vector scope, which is what I would like to instances to rotate to. The grey objects are the instances rotated, but not in the way intended.

Message 4 of 7
tdquarry

see reply above - replied to the wrong comment....

Message 5 of 7
sepu6

are you in discord? if so check out this. I put a file there at the end. 

https://discord.com/channels/872260298508222534/967845696541712394/968378260775927808

v0006

I explained as well. 

Message 6 of 7
tdquarry
in reply to: sepu6

yes I am on discord - looks like this has been already discussed! Thanks I'll go through it.

Message 7 of 7
tdquarry
in reply to: sepu6

After reviewing this thread on discord I managed to get it working - the cross product was the key. As the manipulator field now has a vector output I didn't need to jump through as many hoops. Thanks for the response, it pointed me in the right direction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report