Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing compounds for different Bifrost versions.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Christoph_Schaedl
238 Views, 1 Reply

Managing compounds for different Bifrost versions.

How do i install compounds for different Bifrost versions.

For example the Rebel Pack.

We use Bifrost 2.0 on Maya 2019 and Bifrost 2.1 on Maya2020.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

Compound packs like the Rebel Pack often include a library configuration file (typically named bifrost_lib_config.json). This basically just specifies the paths (relative to the config file's location) from which to recursively load compounds and graphs. You can use the BIFROST_LIB_CONFIG_FILES environment variable to point to these files.

So, unzip the packs in separate directories (not under your default user compound folder). The environment variable must be set before the Bifrost plug-in loads — in other words, don's use putenv in Maya's Script Editor. I usually do this on the command line before launching Maya because I often need to run with different configurations, for example on Windows:

set BIFROST_LIB_CONFIG_FILES=%BIFROST_LIB_CONFIG_FILES%;path-to-folder/bifrost_lib_config.json

You can also set this in the maya.env file, or with a script or batch file that launches Maya.

Hope that helps,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report