Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limiting the number of voxels used within a Bifrost Sand simulation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
markilling
511 Views, 2 Replies

limiting the number of voxels used within a Bifrost Sand simulation

Hello, 

I am currently working on a sand simulation within Bifrost. The problem I am having is that it appears as though the voxels (or particles?) are increased with each frame. As the simulation runs, the unrestricted increase in voxels inevitably causes the software to crash. In the video below, the render crashes around frame 200, from which point I looped the video in reverse. 

What I want is for the sand simulation to use a limited number of voxels. Instead, it appears more like there is an emitter consistently increasing the voxel count within the predetermined volume. I have looked in all of the places I can think of to limit this number, but have not yet found that option. Any help in preventing the increase in voxels and ensuing software crash would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for any time and effort helping me with this issue. 

Screenshot 2020-09-18 20.43.53.png

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
to-to-ro
in reply to: markilling

Looks like sand emitting constantly. Are you enable and set end frame on source mpm sand?

Anton Kalchenko
Message 3 of 3
markilling
in reply to: to-to-ro

Solved, thank you very much 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report