Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killplane for BFG?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ken.gearyYBNS7
498 Views, 3 Replies

Killplane for BFG?

I'm experimenting with using the BFG flame sample and attaching to an animated torch.  i want to render in Redshift, so I added a Write VDB node (and time node /etc.) .  As I play out the sequence to write out the VDB's I noticed the sim takes longer and longer per frame and the VDB file sizes grow very large , multi-GB in later frames.  I'm guessing its from the smoke rising upwards and adding to the overall volume size.  Is there a way (like old Bifrost liquid) to add a killplane or killvolume to keep the sim times reasonable and VDB file sizes down? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Use the simulation bounds input on the aero_solver_settings node, you can pipe in a mesh which determines the bounds of the sim. See screenshot and video.

simulation_bounds.png

--
MacBook Pro 13,3 - 2.7GHz - 16GB - Radeon Pro 460 - macOS Catalina 10.15
Message 3 of 4

PERFECT!

thanks so much

Message 4 of 4

To help others find useful information, you can mark the answer as accepted solution.

--
MacBook Pro 13,3 - 2.7GHz - 16GB - Radeon Pro 460 - macOS Catalina 10.15

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report