Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keying the values

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Xaia
828 Views, 5 Replies

Keying the values

Hi!

I was wondering if it possible to key the values in the graph? I would love to set some keys on the influence compounds but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Any ideas?

Best

Xaia

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Grahame_Fuller
in reply to: Xaia

Hi Xaia,

There is no direct way to key values in a Bifrost graph, but you have a couple of options:

• Connect the values to the input node at the top level of the graph, and set keys in Maya. They will appear under Extra Attributes of the bifrostGraph node. This option lets you use all the tools you have in Maya for animation.
  • Connect the frame or seconds output of a time node to the x input of an evaluate_fcurve node, and edit the curve to drive the y output however you like. This option works only for a scalar values (float or double). It is a lot more fiddly than the first option, but it does keep everything in the graph if that is important in your case.

I hope that helps,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 3 of 6
pixelmonk
in reply to: Grahame_Fuller

how to you do #1?   I created an extra attribute for an mesh for Emission Rate but I can't figure out how to promote it inside of Bifrost Graph.  I added the mesh in the Graph and tried to use a Get_Property_Any and typed in the Attribute name but it doesn't work.  The docs are really bad with regards to figuring out how to do these simple things.   I feel in cases like this where Bifrost is a sandbox within Maya means you have to hack it to get it to work with things inside Maya.   It's a detractor compared to Houdini.

Message 4 of 6
pixelmonk
in reply to: pixelmonk

actually I think I got it.

Message 5 of 6
wuhailu

Houdini is a finished software that has been in development for 20 years. Bifrost is still in the development stage, and comparison is not of much significance.

Message 6 of 6
ryanVQGVU

How did you do it? I'm in the same situation, and just want to drive density with an attribute.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums