Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get blind-data of polygons and convert them n-array?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
339 Views, 1 Reply

Is there a way to get blind-data of polygons and convert them n-array?

I'm trying to make some functionality, it needs to calculate <n-array * n-array> dot multiplication per vertex per frame.

First n-array sets are static values and can be pre-computed. (Well, this is a kind of RBF.)

So, I want to store them in somewhere, like bifrost node or as object attributes.

If bifrost can access the blind-data of polygons, I guess that the values can be built as n-arrays.

Is there a way to get blind-data of polygons?

Or is there other way to input matrix data (vertex number * n-array) into bifrost graph?

If there is any weird expression, please excuse my English.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
morten.bojsen-hansen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi volt. I am not sure I understand what you mean by 'blind data', however you can get point positions, face (polygon) offsets and face (polygon) vertices using get_geo_property. Take a look at the get_point_position compound to see how that works. All of these will be (flat) arrays. point_position will be array<float3>, face_vertices will be array<uint> with offsets into the point_position array and face_offsets will also be array<uint> with offsets into the face_vertices array. You don't need nested arrays (I assume this is what you mean by n-array) at all!

But if you really want to use nested arrays, you can too! Just use the value node and tick 'Array' and select the level of nesting you desire - 1D, 2D or 3D. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report