Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a node that will subdivide a mesh? Like Maya's polySmooth.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mcw0
464 Views, 9 Replies

Is there a node that will subdivide a mesh? Like Maya's polySmooth.

I need to adjust the resolution of my mesh in my graph to be able to collide with differently sized objects.  I downloaded a catmull_clark compound from gumroad but it complained as soon as I connected a mesh to it.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sepu6
in reply to: mcw0

This works well, BF 2.6 

maya_1dyGjg0XMQ.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PdFzMMC4Qw

Message 3 of 10
mcw0
in reply to: sepu6

ccsm.pngI have that one.  When the node is created, the "mesh" input is grey.  And when I plug a mesh into it, it turns red.  

Message 4 of 10
sepu6

make sure you have BF 2.6 and the latest rebel package which is .042

Message 5 of 10
mcw0

ccsmError.png

Message 6 of 10
mcw0
in reply to: sepu6

My Bifrost version is 2.3.0.1.  They just updated it and it's not the latest?!  UGH!

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
sepu6
Message 8 of 10
morten.bojsen-hansen

There is also sqrt3_subdivide_mesh which is built in, but the catmull clark compound might be better.

Message 9 of 10

It's seems like it hase no effect

Message 10 of 10
morten.bojsen-hansen

@rostom.rais Which? If you're talking about sqrt3_subdivide_mesh it currently does not work with meshes with boundary (like a plane) so that might be the problem. Otherwise, please provide a scene file so we can see what you're doing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report